This recipe can be made with fresh or canned carrots. For fresh, use 2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped into pennies. Boil carrots 10 minutes. Drain. Use the same way you would use your canned carrots.
- 3 cans sliced carrots drained
- 1 cup white sauce mix + 2 cups water
- 2 tsp Better Than Bouillon chicken flavor
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese or to taste
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 30 crackers crushed into crumbs
Make your white sauce (see recipe linked above) according to instructions. Add Better Than Bouillon and whisk until well mixed, then simmer until thick.
Add shredded cheese. Stir to blend.
Fold your drained carrots into the mixture and transfer all ingredients to a casserole dish.
Bake 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Melt butter and stir in crushed cracker crumbs to coat lightly. Top carrot casserole and bake 5-10 minutes longer.