Sweet Potato Marshmallow Casserole
This recipe is pretty forgiving, and you can use fresh sweet potato if you'd like. If using fresh: bring peeled and cubed sweet potatoes to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until very tender. Proceed with recipe as usual.
- 2 29 oz cans sweet potatoes drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple optional
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans divide
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
Preheat oven to 375°.
Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add sugar and next 3 ingredients (through vanilla).
Mash sweet potato mixture with a potato masher. Fold in 1/4 cup pecans.
Scrape potato mixture into an even layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans; top with marshmallows.
Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until golden.