Basic DIY Sugar Scrub Recipe
This recipe is a super versatile mixture that you can tailor to your own likes, or the likes of those receiving it as a gift.
Yield: 1 cup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 10-20 drops essential oil your choice, can be split between 2 or 3 if you'd like
- 10 drops vanilla use real or a fragrance oil
- 2-3 drops vitamin E oil
Put sugar in a bowl
in another bowl, add all of the liquids and mix thoroughly.
add wet mixture to dry and incorporate well.
transfer to airtight container(s).
Essential Oil Combinations to try:
To add flowers to your sugar scrub:
- Peppermint, 10-12 drops + Vanilla, 6-10 drops
- Lavender, 10-12 drops + Lemon, 6-10 drops
- Orange, 10-12 drops + Clove, 4-6 drops
- Ylang Ylang, 10-12 drops + Rosemary, 4-6 drops
- To your already made scrub, add crushed dried petals to your mixture.
- Stir together with a few drops of fragrance oil (preferably that matches the flower) if needed, then spoon into jars or tubs.
- Place a couple full petals to the top of the mixture before closing.