Mom's Beef Stew
Enjoy this soup plain, like my Mom used to make, or a little bit 'souped up' (pun intended) with additional vegetables.
- 1 lb stew beef browned with minced garlic and onion powder (you can use the CPE to brown the meat using the Brown/Saute setting)
- 3 large carrots cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 medium potatoes diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt I use pink himalayan salt
- 2-3 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 quarts of water to taste
If you are using a large stock pot, bring to a boil, then simmer for about an hour for the flavors to mesh together. If you are using a slow cooker, turn it on low for 4 hours. If you are using the Crock Pot Express, secure the lid, close the steam pressure valve, and use the soup setting (about 30-40 minutes total).